New clinical study on Mythocondro®: effective in the treatment of moderate knee osteoarthritis
DESIO, Italy - May 10th, 2018
Gnosis is excited to announce that the new clinical study on Mythocondro® - assessed to investigate the efficacy of the Non-Animal Chondroitin Sulfate in the treatment of moderate knee osteoarthritis - has been concluded with significant positive results achieved for all endpoints tested, and will be shortly published.
The randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study was carried out in participation with the University of Pavia (Italy), on 60 individuals (male and female), supplemented with low dosage of Mythocondro® (600 mg/day) for 12 weeks, with endpoints set at T0, T1 (4 weeks) and at T2 (12 weeks).
Primary endpoints included the evaluation of:
- Pain intensity measured both in motion and at rest, using the Visual Analogue Scale (VAS).
- Assessment of knee function by WOMAC (Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Arthritis) Index.
- Assessment of Tegner Lysholm Knee Scoring (that measures how much knee pain has affected the ability to manage in everyday life).
Secondary endpoints evaluated:
- Health-related quality of life, recorded by the ShortForm36 (SF-36).
- Inflammation markers in plasma: C-reactive protein (CRP), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (VES)
All endpoint results show a statistically significant modification of the parameters with impressive results related to the decrease in the Womac Score and the Lysholm Knee Scoring Scale.
|Gnosis, aware of the superior nature of Mythocondro® in terms of efficacy and safety, is investigating its short-term effects with the SCOPE study (non-animal CS in Obesity and Physical Exercise) to demonstrate the anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective properties at low dose.|
More detailed information about the clinical program will be confidentially disclosed by Gnosis team to our exclusive partners at Vitafoods Europe exhibition, that will be held from May 15th to 17th in Geneva (booth #I40). Do not miss the chance to be one of them!